Enlighten Learning Trust
Our School is looking to join the academy joining like-minded schools committed to providing great education in collaboration with one another.
What is an academy?
An academy is a state school, funded directly by central government. When a school such as ours becomes an academy, they gain some additional freedoms and responsibilities (further details can be found in the 'Frequently Asked Questions' document below). Joining an academy is known as 'academisation'. Historically, some schools have been forced to join academies to address low standards of learning and teaching and this has understandably led to some negative press. Riverview CofE Primary & Nursery School has a successful track record of school improvement over the last four years. This proposal is driven not by the Local Authority or government but by the Governing Body's considered belief that pupils and teachers will benefit from collaboration with carefully selected schools which share our values and vision.
Why are we looking to join Enlighten Learning Trust?
- We are stronger together
- Seeking the best for all children in our responsibility as a Christian school
- Enlighten Learning Trust shares our vision and our values
- There is a local and national move towards academy status for all schools.
Watch this video created by Mike Boddington. Mike is the CEO of Enlighten Learning Trust.
Our school has collaborated with other schools within ELT recently. As part of this collaboration, we are part of joint moderation sessions where examining children’s work which has supported teacher judgements and enabled us to share good practice. Our leaders are engaging in continuing professional development facilitated by ELT. This will enable them to develop their leadership and teaching and has inspired them to take a lead on aspects of school development. It will also empower them to encourage and motivate other aspiring leaders to develop their own skills. Throughout this period, we have been able to benefit from this collaboration with ELT, whilst retaining our individual distinctiveness within the community, which remains of paramount importance to each school.
Every school in the Trust will flourish whilst ensuring a strong ethos of support and collaboration. This is based on the unshakeable belief that children learn through all aspects of their daily lives and that their values and knowledge, experiences and habits are as important as their academic qualifications.
- We are growing a family of schools based in the Surrey area in which all children succeed and are championed by those who deliver a truly excellent education.
- Each of our schools represents a unique context that we support and celebrate, and we take joint responsibility for the success of all the children in our schools.
- Every school will offer something to others. All our staff will be highly trained and supported, work together to their students’ benefit and develop high levels of expertise.
- Our culture will be rooted in a Christian ethos yet represent the broad spread of beliefs in schools of all settings. We are outward facing and forward-thinking, rooted in the best educational research and working with outside partners to the benefit of the children.
A questionnaire was sent to Parents/Carers of Riverview CofE Primary & Nursery School on 7th November 2022 for responses by 14th November 2022 as part of our consultation on academisation.
Click on the buttons below to access the relevant linked documents relating to our conversion.