Hello Emerald Class! I hope you are all well and keeping safe at home.
I have added a few websites below which will help with your home learning.
- Accelerated reader - You can read your own books at home and then search the book on AR to see if there is a quiz you can take
- Spelling Frame
- White Rose Maths lessons – Y4 videos and learning activities https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub - this page has a timetable of activities which you can could choose from and use throughout the day.
- Oxford Owl Online books - You can login using our class login details (which have been sent via parentmail) on this website via the pink My Class Login link.
- Virtual Tours – this website provides a whole host of links to a variety of galleries and museums across the word. I particularly like the Atlantic Zoo Panda Cam and the Great Wall of China 360 - https://www.familydaystriedandtested.com/free-virtual-tours-of-world-museums-educational-sites-galleries-for-children/
- The Iron Man - we had started The Iron Man during our Guided Reading sessions. If the children are intrigued to know how the story develops, a youtube link to an audio version can be found here.
- NASA for Kids - this website is perfect for space fans like myself. Learn all about the universe we live in by viewing these online videos.
- Dance workshops - get dancing around the living room with these BBC podcasts which give you steps and dances to try. I particularly like the podcast about Henry VIII's reign.
- Audible - Audible have made all of their classic children's books free to stream. I have already listened to Kid Normal and Winnie the Pooh!
- Storyboard - this website allows you to create a build a storyboard for your very own story! Perhaps you could post it on our Facebook page when you're done?
- Koala Cam! If you're missing Kevin the Koala as much as I am, you might watching Tanami at the Edingburgh Zoo - although be warned, koalas sleep for up to 22 hours a day! However you might get lucky and catch her while she's awake.
For parents, I would recommend subscribing to Twinkl – the website is currently free while schools are closed. On Twinkl, you can access a range of resources, and I would recommend the Maths Parents Guide, English Parents Guide, and Science Parents Guide for a clear overview of the year 4 curriculum.
Below are some extra resources you may find useful to download and use if you would like:
- Year 4 maths mats
- Year 4 SPAG mats (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar)
- Times tables games
- Interviewing a family member activity - This is a good opportunity for the children to learn more about their family and where they sit on their family tree.
- Home learning timetable - This is a structured timetable which can be adapted/changed to suit you at home but has some ideas about what your child could be learning/doing at home to break up the day
Remember that while it is important to have a go at the home learning tasks, it is also important to spend time running around, getting messy, creating art and enjoying time with your loved ones.
Miss Atkinson will be on Facebook from 11:00am Monday- Friday if you have any questions about the home learning, have created something you’d like to share, or would just like to have a chat!