Hello Rubies! I hope everyone is keeping well at home.
Well done with your home learning so far. It is lovely to see some of these on our Facebook page.
I have added a few websites and ideas for learning at home.
- TTRS/Numbots (your login is the same for both of these)
- Spelling Frame
- White Rose Maths lessons – Y1 videos and learning activities (Five new lessons are added each week)
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub - this page has a timetable of activities which you can could choose from and use throughout the day
- David Walliams free audio books. (He reads one each day at 11o’clock.)
- Oxford Owl Online books - You can login using our class login details (which have been sent via parentmail) on this website via the pink My Class Login link.
- Top marks - Free games for Maths and English
- Phonics Play – Games and activities to practise your phonics and spelling rules. Some games require a subscription however, during this time you can login for free.
Username: march20 Password: home
For most children I would recommend Phase 5
Remember that while it is important to have a go at the home learning tasks, it is also important to spend time running around, getting messy, creating art, building, cooking and enjoying time with your loved ones.
For parents, I would recommend subscribing to Twinkl – the website is currently free while schools are closed. On Twinkl, you can access a range of resources across thee Year 1 curriculum.
Below are is an extra resource you may find useful to download and use if you would like:
- Home learning timetable - This is a structured timetable which can be adapted/changed to suit you at home but has some ideas about what your child could be learning/doing at home to break up the day.
Mrs Botley will be on our school Facebook page at 10:00 Mon – Fri, straight after Joe Wicks, to answer any questions and to find out about what you have been learning and creating at home.