Hello Silver Class! I hope you are all well and keeping safe at home.
Well done with the fantastic efforts on your home learning so far. It is lovely to see some of these on our Facebook page.
I have added a few websites and ideas for learning at home.
- TTRS/Numbots (your login is the same for both of these)
- Spelling Frame
- White Rose Maths lessons – Y2 videos and learning activities (Five new lessons are added each week)
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub - this page has a timetable of activities which you can could choose from and use throughout the day
- Virtual Tours – this website gives a whole host of links to a variety of galleries and museums across the word. I particularly like the Atlantic Zoo Panda Cam and the Great Wall of China 360
- David Walliams free audio books. (He reads one each day at 11o’clock.)
- Oxford Owl Online books - You can login using our class login details (which have been sent via parentmail) on this website via the pink My Class Login link.
- Top marks - Free games for Maths and English
- Phonics Play – Games and activities to practise your phonics and spelling rules. Some games require a subscription however, during this time you can login for free.
Username: march20 Password: home
For most children I would recommend Phase 5 and 6.
Games are also a great way to practise your maths and spellings.
Here are some that your classmates have recommended. You could even try and make your own games.
Remember that while it is important to have a go at the home learning tasks, it is also important to spend time running around, getting messy, creating art, building, cooking and enjoying time with your loved ones.
For parents, I would recommend subscribing to Twinkl – the website is currently free while schools are closed. On Twinkl, you can access a range of resources, and I would recommend the Maths , English and Science Parents Guide for a clear overview of the Year 2 curriculm.
Below are some extra resources you may find useful to download and use if you would like:
- Home learning timetable - This is a structured timetable which can be adapted/changed to suit you at home but has some ideas about what your child could be learning/doing at home to break up the day.
- Year 2 common exception words to learn.
Miss Hall will be on our school Facebook page at 9:30 Mon – Fri, straight after Joe Wicks, to answer any questions and to find out about what you have been learning and creating at home.