During extreme weather our aim is to keep school open wherever possible, whilst ensuring the safety of our children and staff.
I hope the following information will reassure Parents about how any decisions to close school are made.
In the event of light snow, we may offer an extended registration period (between 8.55-9.55am) to enable children to arrive safely and ease congestion on the surrounding roads. If the snow is heavy, then we may open school later in the morning to allow staff time to arrive. In extreme snow, where staff are unable to reach school we may need to close the school. The decision to close school or open late / close early will be made in conjunction with the Chair of Governors.
Whatever decisions are taken will be communicated in the following ways:
- The school website will be updated regularly remotely.
- Messages will be sent via Parentmail on email and by text message. (Please be aware, however, that lots of schools use the Parentmail system, and occasionally there are delays in information being sent).
- The school Facebook account will be updated regularly.
- An update will be broadcast on local radio Jackie.
- Information will be displayed on the Surrey County Council website.
Thank you for your understanding when there are snowy conditions. Please be assured that any decision to close school is taken after very careful consideration, and our aim at all times is to remain open as usual.